Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas Movies

Merry Christmas

In honor of Christmas week I thought I share my favorite Christmas movies...well they are all my favorite!

I grew up in a home that loved Christmas and that included Christmas Movies.

I have so many favorites but I have always loved "One Magic Christmas"  a bit of a lesser known main stream movie but it taught me as a teenager to always be thankful for what we have.  I really wanted to name my first child Gideon....Mike refused!
Gideon, The Christmas Angel 
 
"Its A Wonderful Life"  How could you not love this movie!  In the 90's Target sold the Bedford Falls Village and I think I own all of  them.  I have grown up loving "every time a bell rings, an Angel gets it's wings" and "no man is a failure who has friends".  Of course I loved Clarence!

 
I liked the Movie "Family Stone" and than I watched it the Christmas following Mike's sisters death, Shelley,  and loved it!  I cried through the entire movie!
 
How can anyone not love "Christmas Vacation"?  The entire movie is funny!  I still remember seeing it at the Greentree 10 when it first came out.


 
 
 
 
 
There are so many fun Christmas movies...I love the Santa Clause Series, Fred Claus, Christmas with the Krank's, A Christmas Carol, The Best Christmas Pageant, The Rise of the Guardians, and of course The Nativity Story.  There are a lot of Hallmark Christmas movies that I enjoy too.  These are just some of my favorites that I try to watch every year.

 
 

 

 
 
What is your favorite Christmas Movie and Why? 
 
Regardless of your favorites I hope that everyone reading this has a wonderful Christmas Season.  Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Jesus!

 
 

3 comments:

  1. I truly enjoy the older movies (the originals) Miracle on 34th Street, The Christmas Carol, The Little Match Girl, The Bishops Wife, The House Without a Christmas Tree and of course, It's A Wonderful Life. Remakes are not that good as the charm and believeability is not there for me. I even dig out my Red Skelton's Christmas Diner, Jimmy Stewart in Mr. Krugers Christmas and A Hobo's Christmas. I guess I am telling my age !!! But these had such wonderful stories behind them,

    Merry Christmas to All.

    Hallmark movies are OK, but everyone had their love one die on Christmas Eve and the kid is denied a happy holiday until the parent remarries, so blah, blah, blah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just admiring your work and wondering how you managed this blog so well. It’s so remarkable that I can't afford to not go through this valuable information whenever I surf the internet! buy dvd billions season 3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting post. I Have Been wondering about this issue, so thanks for posting. Pretty cool post.It 's really very nice and Useful post.Thanks buy dvd supernatural season 13

    ReplyDelete