Thursday, October 9, 2014

Life...as an adult

Sometimes life gets to you.  I've had kind of a rough go of things for the last few months. The last month has been very stressful at work.  So much so I decided to take a few days off just not to be at work!  Earlier this week I needed to talk to someone.  Someone I could trust that would not stab me in the back later.  I really needed to talk....and VENT and be ugly.  So I called my sister and I cried and talked and talked.  After the phone call I felt so much better....Then I got this text and started laughing!
Its true sometimes you just need to say what you need to say to someone that wont judge you!  Work didn't get better that day!  Very Frustrated!  I came home in a bad mood.   The mood quickly changed with a knock on the door last evening and Kevin, Peyton and Levi showed up.  I kind of felt bad I walked over and took Levi from his Mom and smiled for the rest of the evening!


On Thursday morning Cole said he wanted Kevin to come over for dinner and I told him that may not be possible since he has lots of people to see.  He called him and he said yes.  Bob and Susan, Brittney, and Kevin, Peyton and Levi came to dinner.  Great food and great company.  Cole built a fire and we made smore's for dessert.  Hunter enjoyed hanging out with Levi again!
Then Sally, my sister, and my nieces stopped by to get something and ended up staying for a few hours.  It was the best mental health therapy ever.  We took 117 selfies.  We laughed until we cried or maybe peed our pants.  We embarrassed our kids, that was fun!  It has been a great 24 hours that I really needed.   A break from being an adult and some much needed family time.  When it gets bad just take a break and enjoy those that mean the most to you.  Sometimes that is all you need to get back on track!
My Sweet Daisy.  She said she will be locking me and her mother in the basement for her birthday party since we will embarrass her!


One of many selfies this evening!

Cole said we would look cool doing this!  I think goofy maybe!
Fine I cant make a duck face so I was cracking up after seeing the pictures of my lame duck face!

Oh yeah we are so cool!

Three pumpkins!  I have a lot of hair and a beard!
The moral of the story is to just let it go and laugh sometimes!  It feels so good to laugh and I mean really crack up laughing.  Let your hair down and enjoy the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment